Thursday, April 22, 2010

I hadnt noticed it until I went looking through some pictures

I was out in my old stomping grounds yesterday and decided to take some pictures of places that meant something to me during my 18 years of living in Mt. Washington. I had to stop by and "see an old friend" and took a picture of his gravestone. Not realizing it until I was glancing through them, it was twenty years ago to the date that he had passed. At first, it gave me the willies, thinking how ironic it was that of all days, I was there on the anniversary of his death. I knelt down, straightened up some flowers he had recently received and patted his headstone. I told my old friend that its been a while but I just wanted to stop and say hello.


Its almost funny how things happen for reasons we dont understand. Im glad I made the trip to Mt. Washington, even though it was for a friends fathers wake. It was good to see some old friends again. God is good, never forget that. RIP JWR!

No comments:

Post a Comment